How to Get to Rivendell
- Rivendell is located on Bowen Island, a short ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay.
- For details of ferry fares and schedules please refer to www.bcferries.com
- Take Trans Canada Highway to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal in West Vancouver. Alternatively, public transportation is available by bus from downtown Vancouver to the ferry terminal.
- Follow the Highway signs to the Bowen Island Ticket kiosk.
- When you leave the ferry walk or drive up through the village to the first crossroads. Miller Road goes right and Dorman Road goes left. Take Dorman Road left.
- Within a short block you will see the “Village Baker” on the right. Take the road to the right which is Village Drive and follow this road through a series of switchbacks until you come to a stop sign at a T junction. A Rivendell sign here points to the right.
- Turn right and follow this road to the large iron gates to Rivendell. At the top of this driveway is ample parking.
- Unfortunately there is no taxi service on the island and Rivendell does not provide taxi service. The island bus does not regularly service Rivendell at this time. However, they do try to accommodate Rivendell guests when possible. Please call them at 604-947-0229 to discuss your schedule.
Call us at Rivendell 604-947-0077